Apply to Respiratory Care
A maximum of 26 students will be accepted for each fall semester.
- are given priority if they have completed or are currently enrolled in the pre-professional curriculum with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- have submitted a completed program application packet
- have adequate health status to ensure the performance of hospital activities in accordance with ADA guidelines.
Completed files will be reviewed based on the selection criteria listed below:
- Cumulative GPA
- Select Math/Science courses beyond required course level completed with a grade of “B” or better.
- Health Care Experience (examples can include but are not limited to CNA, EMT, corpsman, lab tech, pharmacy tech).
- Evidence of ability to carry a full semester load successfully (12 credits or more per semester within the last three semesters. Success defined as grades of A and B).
- Calculated GPA for BIO 227 (or equivalent), and EITHER core math or chemistry (higher of two if both are completed)
- Instructor and/or advisor comments may be considered.
- Selected students may be contacted to schedule an interview in mid-March.
Bachelor of Science Respiratory Care Program Application Process
*Disclaimer: The priority application due date is March 1, 2022.
You must be accepted to Boise State in order to apply for the Respiratory Care program.
- Apply to Boise State University
- Receive Student ID and Boise State student email
- If you are not currently enrolled at Boise State, email a PDF of your transcript(s). Transcripts are not necessary for currently enrolled Boise State students.
- When you are ready to apply, click on the orange Apply Now button and fill out application. Application requires input for contact information, course history, and several program specific questions.
- Once submitted, the system will email you a copy of your completed application to your Boise State student email. If you did not receive the system reply, please contact email@example.com or call 208-426-3316.
Notification to Applicants
The department will make every effort to notify applicants of their admission status by than April 30. Letters of acceptance will be sent to the applicants who ranked highest. Students accepted into the program must return a letter of Intent form to maintain a place in the program. Applicants who are not placed in the program will have to reapply the following year.
This information should not be considered a contract between the Respiratory Care Program and a potential applicant. The Boise State Respiratory Care Program reserves the right to make changes in deadline dates and admission criteria specific to the Respiratory Care Program. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information, its contents are subject to change without prior notice.