INCOMING IDAHO STUDENT
An incoming Idaho student is defined as an individual who has earned less than 14 post-high school semester credits or no college credits at the time of admittance and holds residency in Idaho.
Complete the scholarship checklist below to maximize your funding opportunities.
STEP 2: Meet the Deadline
No additional application needed! Scholarship recipients are notified through their admission letter. Scholarships will be made visible in the Student Center three weeks after an admissions decision has been reached.
The criteria listed below are for the 2022-23 academic year. This criterion is subject to change.
|Scholarship Name||Required Cumulative Unweighted High School GPA||Value||Length of Program||Fall Deadline||Spring Deadline||**Renewal Credits (fall and spring)||Renewal Cumulative GPA|
|True Blue Promise||3.20-3.89 AND Pell Grant eligible*||$2,000 per year||4 years (8 semesters)||February 15||October 1||24||2.50|
|Dean's||3.70-3.89||$2,000 per year||4 years (8 semesters)||February 15||October 1||24||3.00|
|Presidential||3.90-4.0||$2,500 per year||4 years (8 semesters)||February 15||October 1||24||3.00|
- Only incoming students are considered for the True Blue Promise, Dean’s, or Presidential Scholarships. Consideration is based on admissions materials received by the scholarship deadline. A complete application includes the admissions application AND transcript(s). All criteria must be met by the deadline.
- To be considered for the True Blue Promise students must complete the admissions process, submit the FAFSA, AND be Pell Grant Eligible* as determined by the FAFSA by February 15.
- **Recipients must be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester (fall & spring) and successfully complete at least 24 credits combined (fall & spring). If you are a one-semester recipient (fall or spring only) you must successfully complete at least 12 credits.
- Courses that are repeated within the same academic year may impact the credit completion requirement. To learn more about repeated credits visit the Repeated Credits webpage.
- Please make yourself familiar with the Scholarship Policies for additional details.
STEP 5: Apply for State Scholarships
The State of Idaho offers a variety of scholarships, such as the Idaho Opportunity Scholarship and Idaho Opportunity for Adult Learners Scholarship, for eligible Idaho students who attend an Idaho institution.
Apply Now for State of Idaho Scholarships
Early Graduation Scholarships are available for students who graduate at least one full year early.
Apply Now for Early Graduation Scholarships