Master of Social Work – Coeur d’Alene Site
MSW application deadlines for the Coeur d’ Alene campus:
The deadline for the next admission cycle is December 1st, 2022 (for the academic year 2023/2024). All items must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
***EXTENDED AND FINAL DEADLINE IS March 1st, 2023. (FOR the ACADEMIC YEAR 2023/2024). Your application will be considered secondary to applications received by the priority deadline of December 1, 2022.
The School of Social Work at Boise State University offers an Advanced Standing MSW program in Coeur d’Alene. The Advanced Standing MSW Program is designed for students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from an undergraduate social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; you can apply for the Advanced Standing programs if you meet one of the following requirements:
1) You graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work from a CSWE (Council of Social Work Education) accredited school within the last 5 years.
2) You graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work from a CSWE (Council of Social Work Education) accredited school within the last 10 years and have significant post-BSW social work practice experience.
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Operating out of the Lewis-Clark State College and offering the following options:
- 1-Year Full-Time Advanced Standing MSW Program
- 2-Year Half-Time Advanced Standing MSW Program
Graduate Program Mission
The Boise State University Masters in Social Work program prepares graduates for practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities and for specialized practice to advance the wellbeing of individuals and families. We are committed to human rights; social, economic, and environmental justice; and diversity.
As our mission suggests, the Boise State University School of Social Work MSW Program prepares students to work with diverse populations and issues. We educate students for advanced direct practice with individuals, families, households, groups, organizations and communities.
Goals of the MSW Program
The faculty have established eight goals for the MSW program:
- Promote academic excellence that integrates social work theory and practice with community-based experiential learning;
- Foster knowledge of global human conditions;
- Address local, state, and regional social work education and workforce needs;
- Foster inclusiveness and cultural humility in working with diverse and/or vulnerable populations;
- Prepare graduates for leadership in service delivery systems;
- Prepare graduates for ethical professional practice;
- Prepare graduates to recognize strengths and enhance the wellbeing of individuals and families through engagement, assessment, intervention, and evaluation.
- Inform practice through critical thinking, scientific inquiry, and research evidence.
Want to learn more?
We are happy to provide more information and answer your questions about the Master of Social Work program in Coeur d’Alene.
Megan Dardis-Kunz, LMSW
Boise State University School of Social Work,
1031 N. Academic Way
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Phone: (208) 779-0738
Fax: (208) 666-6712