Online Undergraduate Certificate
Preparing students to be confident, capable, and resilient leaders through the challenges in their professional and personal lives. Engaging students in innovative, experiential, and supported learning environments that are founded on self-discovery, our common humanity, and critical inquiry into civil discourse and collaborative engagement across diverse groups and perspectives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Recognize and identify the nature of conflict and its impact on interpersonal relationships, teams, and organizations.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to communicate with increased confidence in dynamic and challenging conflict situations, utilizing conflict management, negotiation, mediation, conflict coaching, and facilitation techniques.
- Select from a broad range of interdisciplinary theoretical concepts, techniques, processes and methodologies in analyzing, managing, and resolving conflicts relevant to other areas of study.
- Illustrate the value of empathy and diversity in creating strong relationships and teams, building trusts, and managing and resolving conflict.
- Determine the appropriate environmental, situational and cultural lenses to managing and resolving conflicts.
- Reflect and develop self-awareness and self-management strategies for managing your personal challenges in high conflict situations.
- CONFLICT 390: Conflict Management
- CONFLICT 413: Mediation and Negotiation
- CONFLICT 414: Conflict Coaching and Facilitation
- CONFLICT 495: Connected Experiences in Conflict
Choose one (1) of the following courses:
- CONFLICT 405: Conflict and Culture
- SPS 301: Empathy and Engagement