Respondent Advisor Program
The purpose of the Respondent Advisor Program is to provide Respondents with additional support and resources to better navigate the Student Conduct process for alleged/responsible violations. Respondent Advisors are available for all students to seek support from; however, the main goal of this support service is to help students navigate the Conduct/Academic Appeal Process and higher level conduct violations (those that may potentially result in suspension and/or expulsion).
Duties of a Respondent Advisor:
- Provide unobtrusive assistance to Respondents charged with violating University policies through the Student Code of Conduct process.
- Meet with Respondents in advance of scheduled hearings and/or meetings.
- Attend any scheduled meetings, pre-hearings, and/or hearings as requested by the Respondent.
- Assist Respondents in formulating a thoughtful response to the allegations set forth in the charge(s).
- Prepare Respondents for expected questions during meetings and hearings.
- Review documents/forms prior to Respondent submitting to the document/form to the Student Conduct Administrator for student.
- Advisor may not serve any other role in the Student Conduct process (i.e. witness, Student Conduct Administrator, investigator, board member, etc…)
- Advisor may not act as a spokesperson, advocate, or defender of the Respondent.
Interested in becoming a Respondent Advisor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org