Boise State is best when it works for all students. The Student Equity team advances our commitment to Inclusive Excellence by working to make campus welcoming and effective for students from traditionally under-represented minority groups.
- One-on-one student support
- Educational and community-building programs
- A variety of diversity-themed trainings
- Consultation to campus and community partners
- Meeting spaces
Student Organization Advising: Become an advisor and connect with students outside the classroom.
Classroom Connection: Have a film or a speaker you want to bring to campus? If it fits with our mission, we can work collaboratively to create an event.
Classroom Presentations: We are available to speak to issues of power, privilege, oppression and social justice. If we fit into your curriculum, we’d love to come to your class.
Tunnel of Oppression: Our premiere event attracts hundreds of students every year, creating opportunities for Service-Learning, extra credit and faculty co-chairing. You can also help guide and advise one of the theaters.
Mentoring Programs: We mentor first-generation, refugee and international students. If you want to help mentor a student, let us know.
Advisory Board: We are always looking for faculty interested in being on our board. The board meets monthly and selects an annual chair.
Boise State has established the CARE Team to provide assistance to the campus community in addressing behavior that is concerning, disruptive, or threatening towards self or others. This includes racism, bullying, harassment or discrimination. To find out more about CARE, or to file a report of concern, please visit the CARE Team website.
Additional On-campus Resources
- Boise State University TRiO Student Success Program
- Boise State University McNair Program
- Boise State University Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Boise State University Equal Employment and Affirmative Action
- Gender Studies Program
- International Student Services
- Educational Access Center
- English Language Support
- Gender Equity Center
- Veteran Services
- Graduation and retention rates by gender and ethnicity
Off-campus Resources/Local (Boise area)
- Women and Children’s Alliance
- Idaho Commission on Human Rights
- Idaho Commission on Hispanic Affairs
- Women of Color Alliance
- Idaho Human Rights Education Center
- Interfaith Alliance of Idaho
- The Idaho Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- The Community Center of Idaho
- NAACP Treasure Valley Branch
- The Agency for New Americans