World Language Placement
Students who wish to place into higher levels of Spanish, French, and German classes can schedule a World Language Placement Exam at the Testing Center. The placement exam consists of a Grammar & Reading section, as well as a listening Section.
Testing Remotely During the Campus Closure
At this time, the Boise State University Testing Center is offering limited Accuplacer proctoring via the Zoom conferencing tool. Students who register for one of these sessions will receive an email on the morning of their exam containing their Zoom meeting link. Clicking the link will launch Zoom and start the testing process.
You can download and install Zoom by navigating to https://boisestate.zoom.us/download. If you’re new to Zoom, select the SSO sign-in option the first time you launch the app. If prompted, provide the Boise State institution link (boisestate.zoom.us). You will then be able to sign-in to Zoom using your Boise State Student Account.
Before registering for a Zoom-proctored Accuplacer exam, please read the following guidelines closely:
- You will need 2 sheets of blank paper and a pencil before starting the exam. You will need to show these to the proctor.
- You will be required to have a clean desk or table surface without items on it.
- You must use a computer that will be able to run Zoom software and has a webcam and microphone. If this is a desktop the webcam must be separate as the proctor will require you to show them the room you’re testing in.
- You must have a reliable internet connection.
- You must take the exam in a private space where you can take the test uninterrupted.
- You will have to confirm your identity through the camera with your proctor by using a VALID government or school ID.
- The proctor will require you to scan the room you are located in (possibly multiple times) to ensure the integrity of the test.
- You phone will be turned all the way off. You will have to show the proctor your phone at the start of the test.
- You will be required to share your desktop screen for the entirety of the exam (please hide private information, close all tabs, and turn notifications off before the start of your exam).
- The proctor will be required to request control of your computer if there is any suspected academic dishonesty.
- You will be monitored by video for the entirety of the exam.
- You will have a two-hour testing window to finish your exam. If you reach the end of the two-hour window and you haven’t finished your exam we will ask you to submit the exam unfinished. Most students finish the exam in the time allowed.
- It may take some time to get checked-in and start the exam (depending on the number of other testers). It is recommended that you join the session 15 minutes early to get a head start.
Note: Check the schedule often as new appointment opportunities will be added periodically.
Other Languages & College Credit Options
Spanish, German, and French placement exams are available for scheduling at the testing center. The exams are for placement purposes only. Achieving the desired score allows students to enrolled in higher-level language courses, but does not grant college credit. The World Language Department website has information on receiving credit for the courses you tested out of. Additionally, you can find information on language testing in Arabic, ASL, Basque, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Latin.