Costume Rental Policy
Rental Hours: Mon-Fri 9:30 am-12:30 pm (Sept – May, except during school breaks) By appointment only with 48 hrs. notice
Costume Shop Phone: 208-334-5337
Contact person: Darrin Pufall-Purdy
- Costume rentals are only available to schools and theater groups. Boise State Costume Shop does not rent to individuals.
- For school rentals, a letter of responsibility must be provided by the theater instructor. The instructor assumes full and total responsibility for pulling and returning costume items.
- Costumes are available for a one-week “trial period” and charges will not apply to all unused items returned prior to opening. Any items returned late will be billed at the full rental amount.
- Absolutely NO dyeing, distressing, or permanent alterations are allowed. No major alterations may be done without the authorization of the Costume Shop Manager. Alterations to costumes such as hems, quick rigging, and trims must be restored to original condition before items are returned.
- All items must be returned clean and in good repair. A copy of the dry cleaning receipt is required with returned costumes (a photocopy is acceptable with items marked).
- Any costumes returned with damages will be assessed at full costume replacement value.
- There is a late fee of $10.00 per day if costumes are not returned on the date agreed and in the same condition as they were rented.
- A security deposit of $50.00 is required upon taking costumes. Deposits will be refunded only after all items have been returned.
- In addition a $20.00 pull/restocking fee is payable at your appointment.
- Rental payments can be made by check to Boise State University or rental organizations can be billed by the University.