Last modified: November 13, 2013
- The credit card companies and the bank assess monthly merchant fees for all bank cards. The monthly fee is charged on the amount of transactions collected and is charged to your department’s account by a journal entry.
- Fees are not automatically added to the amount of any transaction. It is your responsibility to incorporate the cost of doing business in the price of your goods and maintain sufficient funds in your account.
- If you accept electronic check (ACH) payments, returns can occur against your account.
- If you accept credit card payments, credit card chargebacks can occur against your account.
- Marketplace is available for Boise State University departments and employee organizations. Only Boise State University employees can access TouchNet U.Commerce and its associated applications (Marketplace, Payment Gateway, uPay Portal, etc.).
- Access to TouchNet Marketplace is granted through the U.Commerce username and password security system.
- Do not share your U.Commerce username or password.
- Log out of U.Commerce if your computer is to be unattended.
- Do not share confidential information about a customer (e.g. payment information, address, phone, etc.).
- Do not allow unauthorized users to process payment refunds with an authorized user’s login.
- For issues related to passwords, please contact the Marketplace Coordinator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please comply with all applicable University policies including, but not limited to, the Cash Handling and Information Privacy and Security policies.
- Please manage your own Marketplace transactions, including requests for payment refund, ACH returns and credit card chargebacks.
- Please submit a department transmittal to Payment & Disbursement in a timely manner.
- Please ensure the safeguard of personal information collected outside of Marketplace.
- Please perform all refunds according to Boise State policies and procedures.
- Verify all totals before the refund is submitted.
- Do not attempt to refund in excess of the original amount of the transaction.
- Segregation of duties must be followed in the refund process.
- If an authorized user changes employment or job responsibilities, the Marketplace Coordinator must be notified immediately by email: email@example.com.