Authorized User Access Directions
Students can give others (parents, spouse, etc.) the ability to access certain account information. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), student financial records may not be shared with a third party without their written consent. By adding you as an authorized user in TouchNet, your student has given written consent for you to:
- View their account information related to payments and charges due.
- Make payments on their behalf.
Note: an authorized user does NOT have access to a student’s academic records or other personal information. This access is also not a Release of Information; if you wish to discuss your student’s account with a staff member, either by phone or in person, your student must have a Release of Information on file granting you this access.
- Your student will set up an account for you from their own login. You should receive two emails, one with a username, and one with a password.
- To log in, visit my.boisestate.edu and click the Future Students/Guests option.
- Click on Guest in the upper right hand corner and select Parent Login to sign in.
- Use the Authorized User email address and temporary password (from your email).
- The first time you log in, you will need to set up a profile and create your password.
- Once your profile has been set up, click on Make a Payment.
- The next page will display the student’s account balance. Select Make a Payment again to complete the payment process.
- After selecting the second Make a Payment button, the system will display payment options. Authorized Users can choose to pay a student’s entire account balance or pay for specific charges.
- Follow the system prompts to select method of payment and complete the payment process.
If your student has granted you access to “View Account Activity,” you can access a summary of account information, a list of charges due and payment history.
You can sort transactions by term, or view a list of all transactions.
1098-T Tax Information
Please contact your student for access to 1098-T forms.