About the Video + Text Panel
The Video + Text panel is used to embed a hosted video within a panel, complete with a title for the video content, a brief description of the video, and a themed “Watch Now” button.
Video + Text Panel Guidelines
- Videos should be hosted outside of WordPress (e.g., YouTube, Google Drive, Vimeo, etc.).
- Do not upload videos to your site’s Media Library.
- Follow all Image and Media Requirements and Best Practices.
- Use of this panel for an unintended purpose or in a non-standard way is discouraged and may not be supported. To request a new feature for the Boise State WordPress environment, please fill out the Website Functionality Request form.
- Review the Recommendations for Accessible Panels page to learn more about requirements for headings, images, links, and media published in this panel.
How to Configure the Video + Text Panel
- In the WordPress editor, select Add a New Panel or or Live Preview.
- Select the “Video + Text” panel.
- Title: This is a text field. Content entered here will appear as the panel header text.
- Accent Title: This is an optional field, and displays additional text above the Title in a smaller font.
- Description: Enter an optional description about your video. This content should be kept brief for design purposes.
- Call to Action Button: You have the option of adding a button to provide a call to action (e.g., you might be using a video to entice people to register for a conference…the call to action button could be to the conference’s information or registration page). Enter the URL destination and the desired label for the call to action button.
- Video: This should be a link to your video; e.g., if the video is hosted on YouTube, paste the “Share” link here.
- Video Thumbnail Image: You may select any image or upload an image to Media Library. Optimal image size: 900px x 600px.
- Video Play Button Label: Enter a concise and specific label for the play button that provides a brief description of the video. For example, “Watch: The Title of the Video”.
- Custom Language: The default language is English. Language options will generate markup signifying that content as being in the selected language.