The Boise State Writing Project
by teachers for teachers
THE BOISE STATE WRITING PROJECT
Teacher Consultants have delivered over 100,000 contact hours of services to teachers and students in Idaho over the last five years, reaching over 2000 individual teachers each of those years.
INVITATIONAL SUMMER INSTITUTE
- The Invitational Summer Institute and Fellowship year is for teachers of all subjects K-College. It begins with a pre-institute in April 2020 and the summer workshop is June 8 – July 3. The fellowship year continues into the school year in the fall and spring through 2020-21.
- Our centerpiece program for training Teacher Consultants and thinking partners.
SUMMER COURSES AND INSTITUTES
- Elementary Teacher Leadership Institute for Science, Literacy and Inquiry – August 5-9, 2019.
ACADEMIC YEAR COURSES/INITIATIVES
- Year 3 i3 Scale-up C3WP College Reading Writing Program 2019-2020.
- Teacher Research and Reflection – supported by the Idaho State Department of Education and our partnership through the Idaho Core Coach Network
- Inquiry as Cognitive Apprenticeship – supported by the Idaho State Department of Education and our partnership through the Idaho Core Coach Network
- Fall Conference, Spring Workshops, Spring Night of Inquiry at the Discovery Center of Idaho
- Alliance for Young Artists & Writers – teens in grades 7–12 (ages 13 and up) from public, private, or home schools can apply in 29 categories of art and writing for their chance to earn scholarships and have their works exhibited and published.
- Holocaust Educators Network – social justice and dignity project
- Mentoring new teachers into the profession
- Service learning supported by a private donation
- Developing teacher leadership in science
- Teachers as writers and public intellectuals – writing retreats for teachers
- NSF SMART and INCLUDES grant partners – to promote STEM identities in under-served youth – BSWP provides the teacher training and scalability
- Occasional workshops and guest speakers hosted throughout the year.