Beta Alpha Psi
Boise State University’s chapter has been awarded the Gold Chapter award for chapter excellence. BAP is an international honors organization for students in accounting, finance and information systems at accredited universities.
What is Beta Alpha Psi?
Beta Alpha Psi is an international scholastic organization that promotes professional excellence in the field of accounting. The primary objective is to provide an enhanced university experience through personal and professional development, while consistently encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility. Participation in this organization results in the development of future contacts through networking opportunities among members and practicing accounting professionals.
What does Beta Alpha Psi do?
Beta Alpha Psi engages in a series of professional meetings and community service projects throughout each semester. In the fall, Beta Alpha Psi and its members typically visit accounting firms in the Boise area and host a “Meet the Firms Night” where members can speak with firm representatives on a one-on-one basis. In the spring, Beta Alpha Psi focuses on specific topic areas such as networking or industry and governmental accounting. It is an opportunity to learn from special guest speakers and panel discussions.
See the BAP spring 2023 schedule here.
What are the benefits of Beta Alpha Psi membership?
- Beta Alpha Psi offers its members great networking opportunities. Students have the opportunity to meet potential employers and to develop professional relationships at weekly meetings and at Beta’s annual “Meet the Firms Night.”
- Membership is a great way to meet other accounting students and to get to know the accounting faculty.
- Beta Alpha Psi is both a recognized and respected collegiate organization within the business community. Membership always looks good on a resume!
What are the requirements for membership?
- At minimum, we expect a two-semester commitment from our members.
- Currently enrolled in at least one upper division accounting, finance, or information technology class.
- Attend at least 80% of meetings, (at least 10 meetings) per semester.
- Acquire a minimum of 12 professional hours per year (20 recommended).
- Participate in community service projects; minimum of 6 service hours per semester required.
- All members are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- For more information or any question, please contact us at email@example.com.