Career Track MBA Students Start First Boise Mountain Bike Festival

In February 2019, MBA candidate Braydon Bringhurst and his biking buddy Kirk Cheney discussed starting a mountain bike festival.

“Initially, we thought it would be too much work and not possible,” said Bringhurst. “About a week later we decided to go for it!”

They set to work, pitched in their own funds, gathered sponsors, got terms set with Bogus Basin for the location, involved the Southwest Idaho Mountain Biking Association and recruited fellow MBA student August Huckabee as the event coordinator.

The event was August 24 and the Southwest Idaho Mountain Biking Association ended up with $16,500 in donations to continue building the  Boise mountain bike scene and working on mountain bike trails.

“I am incredibly grateful for my friendship with August and the amount he went above and beyond to make the festival a wonderful day,” said Bringhurst. “I am really grateful and happy how Boise State has been an inspiring element to me going out and reaching these dreams. I have truly learned that nothing great happens without involving others and letting them do their part.”

See the KIVI 6 news story on the mountain bike festival.