How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply early to be assured a spot in the program and to be considered for the more lucrative scholarships.
Questions about the application process? Contact Trisha Stevens Lamb, Director, Career Track MBA (Boise State’s full-time MBA Program)
- MBEB 4104
Application for Admission to the Career Track MBA Program (listed as Full-time MBA program in the application system)
- Applicants should consider some general admissions information before applying
- Submit an online application for admission
Apply to the Full-time MBA program. (The Career Track MBA program is listed as “Full-time MBA program” in the application system.
- International Student Applications are available through the Admissions Office
- Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university before starting the program
- Submit official transcripts from every college or university you have attended
GMAT or GRE test scores
Due to COVID the GMAT/GRE requirement has been indefinitely suspended.
International students must complete the TOEFL exam with a score of 80 or IELTS score of 6.5 or better. They may be asked to provide a statement of adequate funding and certified English translations of transcripts. Please visit the Admissions Website for details.
You can find our comprehensive English proficiency policy, including exemption based on educational background, at English proficiency test information.
Other Application Materials
Once you submit your online application and select the “Full-time MBA” program, you will be able to upload the following application materials.
A current detailed resume highlighting your professional work and/or volunteer experience. Do not be concerned with brevity. Please include start and end dates (month and year) for each position held, and indicate full or part-time. You must also include three additional references (names and contact information – no letter required). Please include different reference than the people filling out the recommendation forms.
Please answer the following questions. Essays should be double spaced.
1) Tell us about a time when you tried to reach a goal or a task that was challenging, difficult, or frustrating. What did you learn from the experience? (maximum 500 words)
2) Each of our applicants is unique. Describe how your background, values, academics, and/or leadership skills influenced your career goals. How do you expect a Boise State MBA to help you achieve these goals? (maximum 750 words)
Is there anything you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee in considering your application? (maximum 500 words)
- Required for re-applicants only:
Since your previous application, what are the steps you’ve taken to strengthen your candidacy?
Please submit two recommendations: The recommendations are to be completed by a person who has been your direct supervisor in a professional setting or your professor in an academic setting. The on-line application system will ask for the name and email of the two people who will be recommending you. They will then be sent instructions on how to complete the recommendation forms and/or letter.
Once all of your application materials have been processed, we will contact you to schedule your interview.
- No Deadlines for program admission (we have rolling admission and will accept applications through summer or until all seats have been filled)
- Deadline to apply for Graduate Assistantship applicants is March 1 but you will need to be accepted to the program (or close to completion to be considered for the Graduate Assistantship)
- GEM Scholarship applicants preferred deadline is February 15