15 to Start
Start your college career at Boise State University with 15 credits already completed!
Personalized Degree Planning
You will work with a Concurrent Enrollment advisor to create a degree plan based on your personal goals and degree interests to guide you in making a seamless transition to college.
Once a 15 to Start degree plan and agreement have been completed and approved, participating students are eligible to take college summer courses on the Boise State campus at the reduced Sophomore Start rate of $75 per credit while in high school. Once students graduate from high school they are no longer eligible for the reduced rate. Students are also responsible for any additional costs and fees that may apply, including textbooks, online fees, and lab fees.
15 to Start accepts credits from transferable concurrent enrollment/dual credit courses offered from Boise State and other colleges, transfer courses, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests.
To participate in the 15 to Start option, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a sophomore in high school and submit an application by February 15th
- Attend a high school in a Community Impact Programs region (Cascade, Emmett, Fruitland, Melba, Mountain Home, New Meadows, New Plymouth, Parma, Payette)
- Plan to attend Boise State University upon high school graduation
- Have a goal to complete a minimum of 15 college credits while still in high school
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete an agreement with signed permission from a parent or guardian
Once you decide to participate in the 15 to Start option, and meet eligibility criteria, you must complete the following requirements:
- Complete an agreement of participation
- Meet at least once each academic year with a Boise State Concurrent Enrollment advisor to develop and maintain a personalized degree plan consisting of courses that best match your college goals.
- Be admitted and actively enrolled in dual credit or on-campus courses the full time you are participating
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) and remain in good academic standing