15 to Start
Start your college career at Boise State University with 15 credits already completed!
What is 15 to Start?
Boise State’s 15 to Start option provides high school students taking concurrent enrollment courses the opportunity to achieve a significant milestone prior to high school graduation — completing their first semester of college by earning fifteen college credits. 15 to Start helps motivated students map the connection between their current academic performance and future life goals.
Benefits of 15 to Start
Personalized Degree Planning
You will work with a Concurrent Enrollment advisor to create a degree plan based on your personal goals and degree interests to guide you in making a seamless transition to college.
With an approved 15 to Start degree plan, you are eligible to take reduced-cost college courses for the 15 to Start rate of $75 per credit. (Additional costs and fees may apply, including textbooks, online fees and lab fees.)
15 to Start accepts credits from transferable concurrent enrollment/dual credit courses offered from Boise State and other colleges, transfer courses, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests.
Who can participate in 15 to Start?
To participate in the 15 to Start option, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a sophomore in high school and submit an application by February 15th
- Attend a high school in a Community Impact Programs region (Cascade, Emmett, Fruitland, Melba, Mountain Home, New Meadows, New Plymouth, Parma, Payette)
- Plan to attend Boise State University upon high school graduation
- Have a goal to complete a minimum of 15 college credits while still in high school
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete an agreement with signed permission from a parent or guardian
What are the requirements to participate in 15 to Start?
Once you decide to participate in the 15 to Start option, and meet eligibility criteria, you must complete the following requirements:
- Complete an agreement of participation
- Meet at least once each academic year with a Boise State Concurrent Enrollment advisor to develop and maintain a personalized degree plan consisting of courses that best match your college goals.
- Be admitted and actively enrolled in dual credit or on-campus courses the full time you are participating
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) and remain in good academic standing
Submit your application to begin your 15 to Start journey with Boise State! Please email CEAdvising@boisestate.edu with questions.