Instructor Annual Professional Development
The Boise State University Concurrent Enrollment program offers professional development opportunities for instructors to ensure an equivalent and quality classroom experience. Ongoing professional development opportunities enhance the overall quality of the Concurrent Enrollment program by providing a foundation for meaningful, continued learning and collegial interaction for instructors. Our academic departments collaboratively share the latest knowledge, best practices and updates in their academic discipline.
Fall 2021 Instructor Training
The Fall 2021 New Instructor Training will take place virtually Thursday, August 5, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Detailed information will be provided in early June 2020.
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. – Concurrent Enrollment Accreditation Program Standards
- 9:50 a.m. – 10:25 a.m. – Concurrent Enrollment Faculty Handbook and Administrative Policies for Instructors
- 10:25 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – How to Access Faculty Center
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. – Boisestate.DualEnroll.com – Online registration system and Fast Forward Advanced Opportunities Scholarship
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Questions
In the event that the faculty liaison is not available to meet with the CE instructor/s on this designated August 5, 2021 date, they will contact high school instructor(s) to set up an alternate meeting date. Alternate meetings may take place during the school year or scheduled on the same day as the classroom site visit. It’s important for the CE instructor and the faculty liaison to communicate with one another on a regular basis regarding the annual department meeting.
Share Your Professional Development Ideas
Do you have a course or workshop you want to offer to other concurrent enrollment instructors?
Faculty liaisons and high school instructors are encouraged to submit ideas for future professional development opportunities to Fabiola Juarez-Coca, Director, (208) 426-2281, or email@example.com.