Individuals interested in the Emerging Leaders program with scholarship support must submit applications to both Boise State University and to Idaho STARS. The application deadline is March 1st to begin the program in Fall. The following outlines specific requirements for each institution:
Boise State MEd Admission Requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree (in any field) with 3.00 GPA
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Program Agreements:
- Commit to three years in the program with fall and spring coursework, including seminars and action research
- Commit to engage in early childhood leadership in Idaho both during the program and upon completion
- A 1-2 page letter of application describing the following: (a) why you are interested in this program, (b) what experience and/or interest you have in leadership in early childhood education, (c) a brief description of your personal goals and your goals for early childhood education in Idaho, and (d) an explanation of why you believe you are a strong candidate for the program. At the top of your letter of application, please note in bold font that you are applying for the Emerging Leaders in Early Childhood Education program.
- Professional resume (please upload in the designated “writing sample” space in the application system)
- Two letters of recommendation that speak to your potential for success in the program and as a leader in early childhood education in Idaho
Idaho STARS Emerging Leaders Scholarship Requirements:
Read about the application requirements for the Emerging Leaders Master’s Degree Scholarship through Idaho STARS on their website
Please contact email@example.com with questions about the scholarship, including questions about eligibility or the scholarship application form.