School of the Environment
The School of the Environment strives to solve important environmental issues facing communities in Idaho, our nation, and the world by building connections and relationships among existing strengths in environmental teaching, learning and scholarship.
The School of the Environment has created a suite of inclusive and transparent pathways for members of our faculty community to formalize their engagement with the SOE, while simultaneously engaging in collaborative and equitable relationships with their home units. The “SOE Pathways” are designed to facilitate a range of intellectual associations and opportunities for faculty across the university that are interested in environmental topics.
There are no upcoming events.
- The school will provide high-value inter- and transdisciplinary learning opportunities for students including new majors, minors and certificates as well as intensive research experiences.
- Students will have access to experiential learning opportunities that support both the student and faculty partners though field schools, interactions with esteemed researchers and other experiential learning opportunities alongside problem-based and place-based coursework.
- The school meets students, any student interested in understanding or helping to solve environmental issues, where they are.
- The school will provide students new suites of technical skills, peer and faculty mentoring, conferencing experiences, among many more.
For Faculty and Researchers
- The school provides a novel support system for faculty scholarship and ways of investing in collaborative, connected work.
- The School of the Environment provides faculty with cross- and transdisciplinary opportunities to work with other faculty around areas of shared research interest and in an environment aligned with, and supported by, our shared values.
- The school elevates collaborative research by identifying existing projects and resources, connecting similar interests across disciplines and programs, and providing professional support and critical thinking time to move the projects forward.
For Idaho and Beyond
- The School of the Environment is a community of people—students, faculty, staff and partners—interested in creative and interdisciplinary ways of understanding and finding solutions to environmental challenges facing the world today.
- The university and the public can expect to see a series of programs and engagement activities and a more vibrant network of conversations around pressing environmental issues.
Keyword in Common Series
In this series of public events, a panel of Boise State faculty lead conversations with the audience around keywords we use to talk about the environment from the point of view of their areas of research and study.
Visit again for updates on Fall 2023 Keyword in Common events, or: