The Master of Athletic Leadership is designed to enhance the leadership skills of current and future athletic leaders for service in intercollegiate, interscholastic, and/or youth sport athletic programs. The program is practitioner-oriented with a strong emphasis on participant development of essential leadership competencies for creating and maintaining athlete-centered athletic programs.
Apply Now Request More Information
A prospective student may apply at any time and should follow the general graduate application procedure for degree-seeking students (see Graduate Admissions Policies). Admission to the program is based on:
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admissions requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions Office.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (based on a 4-point scale) computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most recent baccalaureate degree.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Letter of application describing your professional background, professional goals, and aspirations.
- A current resume.
- Three letters of recommendation addressing your professional competencies, potential for leadership, personal and professional integrity, and any other information that will help the selection committee make an informed decision.
|Master of Athletic Leadership|
|Course Number and Title||Credits|
|KIN-AL 501 Foundations of Athletic Leadership||3|
|KIN-AL 502 Athletic Organizational Communication||3|
|KIN-AL 503 Athletic Program Management||3|
|KIN-AL 504 Philosophy of Sport and Athletic Leadership||3|
|KIN-AL 505 Sociology of Sport and Athletic Leadership||3|
|KIN-AL 506 Psychological Aspects of Athletic Leadership||3|
|KIN-AL 507 Athletic Leadership Academy||2|
|KIN-AL 508 Athletic Leadership Practicum I||5|
|KIN-AL 509 Athletic Leadership Practicum II||5|
|KIN-AL 592 Portfolio||2|
1910 University Dr.,
Boise, ID 83725-1710
Dr. Scott Moorcroft
You can view the Athletic Leadership web page for additional information.
In order to be considered for the Athletic Leadership program, the Graduate application, official transcripts, and all related admission materials and requirements must be turned in by:
Priority: February 1