The Graduate Certificate in Educational Games and Simulations program is designed for those who wish to: analyze recent research and best practices for effective teaching and learning with educational games and with simulations in virtual worlds; design, teach, and evaluate teaching and learning activities in virtual worlds; and, design 2D and 3D games for learning and evaluate for educational effectiveness. Students admitted to the certificate program are required to be familiar with all policies of the Graduate College that govern graduate certificate programs.
EDUCATIONAL GAMES AND SIMULATIONS
A prospective student may apply at any time and should follow the general graduate application procedure for degree-seeking students (see Graduate Admissions Policies). Admission to the program is based on:
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admission requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions office.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (based on a 4-point scale) computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most recent baccalaureate degree.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- An essay describing professional and educational background, career goals and how coursework will help to attain them.
- Completion of the Program Development Form.
|Graduate Certificate in Educational Gaming and Simulations|
|Course Number and Title||Credits|
|EDTECH 511 Interactive Courseware Development||3|
|EDTECH 532 Educational Games and Simulations||3|
|EDTECH 536 Educational Game Design||3|
EDTECH 531 Teaching and Learning in Virtual Worlds
EDTECH 535 Digital Engagement for Learning
EDTECH 534 Mobile App Design for Teaching and Learning
EDTECH 560 Varsity Sports
EDTECH 563 Quest-based Learning Design
EDTECH 564 Gamified Augmented Reality and Mobile
EDTECH 565 Advanced Educational Game Design
Phone: (208) 426-1966
3rd Floor Education Building
1910 University Dr.,
Boise, ID 83725-1747
For additional information you can visit the Educational Games and Simulations Certificate website.
In order to be considered for the Educational Games and Simulations Certificate program, the Graduate application, official transcripts, and all related admission materials and requirements must be turned in by:
Priority: January 15
Priority: September 15