Skip to main content

How to Submit Official Transcripts

Most transcripts can be requested by contacting the Registrar’s office of your previous universities.

Boise State would like all transcripts from every higher educational institution you have previously attended.  Transcripts can be sent in a variety of ways and formats.

I haven't finished my degree, do I still need to send the transcript?yes
Can I submit an unofficial transcript?no
Can I submit a transcript that is not in English?no
Can I submit an 'In-Progress' transcript?yes
Do I need to request my Boise State transcript?no
I have an unopened, sealed, official transcript, can I send it to Boise State?yes

Submitting Transcripts


Institutions may send official transcripts to:
Boise State University
Graduate College
Riverfront Hall, Room 307
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID  83725-1110


Official transcripts may be submitted as a secure PDF through an approved transcript services provider to

Approved Transcript Services:

  • Credentials eScript-Safe (formerly known as Script-Safe International)
  • Credential Solutions TranscriptsNetwork and Transcripts Plus
  • National Student Clearinghouse
  • Parchment Exchange (formerly known as Docufide and Avow Systems)


An institution may fax your transcript to 208-426-2789. To be considered official, a faxed transcript must:

  1. Be sent directly to the Graduate College from the institution
  2. Be considered an official transcript. It cannot be stamped as Unofficial or Student Copy
  3. Have a fax header line showing the institution name, fax number, date and time of transmission, and the number of pages.
  4. Be accompanied by a cover sheet that shows All of the following:
  • Current Date
  • Name of the institution sending the fax
  • Sender’s name, fax number and phone number
  • Your name
  • Your Boise State Student ID number or the last four digits of your social security number
  • Description of the document being faxed (Official Transcript)
  • Number of Pages

At this time, Boise State University cannot accept transcripts faxed from outside the United States as official.