Programs for First Year Students
Housing and Residence Life’s programming for new students eases the transition of first year students to Boise State University. We provide an energetic setting where you immediately feel at home and can start your life as a Bronco making new friends and settling into your unique place on campus.
Find us on Facebook to view event details throughout the year.
What You Will Gain
Right from the start, you will:
- Interact with your peers, faculty members, and staff
- Feel that you belong in your housing community, on campus, and in Boise
- Identify your goals — whether personal, academic, or professional
- Know what resources will help you and how to find them
- Experience and respect your new friends’ different perspectives and backgrounds
- Be involved in everything you’re interested in
How it Works
If you’re a first-year student living on campus we have fun events planned for you! There are some fun incentives when you attend events, so the more you attend, the greater the chance to win cool prizes. We are excited to have you live with us and join us at a variety of engaging events designed just for YOU!
Most events and activities are free to first-year students living on campus. A handful of events coordinated through Campus Recreation will have a fee, but those programs will be noted on the calendar of events.
What to Expect
Meet New People
- Participate in the Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Complete the Boise Bucket List
- Attend events such as Outdoor Movies, the First Week Float, etc.
Explore the Outdoors
- Rafting, camping, hiking, and snowshoeing
- Experience and travel the Gem State — Idaho
- Get student discounts for your adventures
Get Involved on Campus
- Hear perspectives from guest speakers
- Connect with your friends at Paint Parties, Casino Nights, Dances, and sporting events
- Win gift cards, apparel, and more for your participation