Job Standard for Finance and Leasing
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Finance and Leasing Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75845
- Pay Grade: P12
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Principal
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Finance
Responsible for the management, oversight, and directions of the leasing and finance department. Serves as a single point of contact for the University departments and outside parties and agencies for all real estate needs and the point of contact between Boise State and DPW for leasing matters.
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on campus policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years’ experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence with appropriate use of discretion and judgment
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and finance practices
- Must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills to proactively solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate environment
60% of Time the Finance and Leasing must:
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Strategic Development in assessing campus development opportunities and serve on the Capital Development Steering Committees
- Primary role in discussions, negotiations, and evaluations of acquisitions and dispositions, easements, public/private partnerships, and/or departmental projects.
- Represent University to brokers/landlords, and present to campuses along with touring of prospective sites
- Maintain a database of known properties for sale within the University’s zones of interest, the asking prices, assessed value, occupancy status and other pertinent data.
- Analyze the Boise State investment and provide an analysis on the risk, return and benefit to the University
- Advise leadership and departments on market conditions
- Measure monthly performance against goals and report on effectiveness to execute management.
35% of Time the Finance and Leasing
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Finance and Leasing
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Finance and Leasing
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.