The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) invites tenured faculty to apply for a new faculty associate position. Applications will be reviewed beginning March 30.
The position is designed to support the success of new faculty by providing programming and outreach. Specifically, the individual in this position will:
- coordinate planning with other CTL staff for new faculty orientation.
- facilitate a new faculty seminar program.
- administer the existing new faculty mentoring program.
- provide outreach to new faculty.
- empower new faculty to be important contributors to the rich community of teacher-scholars at Boise State.
- collaborate with the assistant provost for academic leadership and faculty affairs to identify and implement support strategies for faculty of color.
Faculty associates work in the center to help achieve the center’s mission of supporting, promoting and enhancing teaching effectiveness. They have reassigned work time from their home department to provide direct support and assessment for CTL programs and services. They work alongside full time CTL staff to provide leadership around teaching and learning and faculty development.
This position is envisioned to be a three-year commitment with periodic review of responsibilities. Expectations are for a 10 hour/week commitment during the fall semester, five hours/week during the spring semester and about 15 hours of work during summer. Funding is provided for a single course release each fall and salary for spring and summer. The position will start on a limited basis in spring or early summer 2019.
Successful applicants have experience mentoring and/or guiding new faculty, as well as:
- teaching and facilitation skills that will transfer over to workshop/program environments.
- a commitment to valuing and actively promoting equity, inclusion and diversity.
- strong program planning and communication skills.
Interested applicants should have been granted tenure and should first discuss this opportunity and how it might be structured with their department chair. The CTL is happy to provide interested applicants with examples of how workload agreements have been structured with other faculty associates. Please contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter outlining how you demonstrate the above characteristics to email@example.com.