Boise State Dining Services and their business partner, Aramark, along with faculty, staff and student groups have been working on creative solutions to combat student hunger. The result of this work, Swipe Out Hunger is launching this week with a “Swipe Drive” at various campus dining locations.
The program will allow students with weekly meal plans to donate up to two guest meals during the drive so that these meals can be awarded to students in need next semester.
Third-year student Sara Thomas has been a champion for a meal share program on campus; she will run the meal donation drive Dec. 2-13.
Beginning spring semester 2020, donated swipes will be awarded to students in need who apply for them through the Office of the Dean of Students. The swipes will be redeemable at the Boise River Cafe. For more information about meal swipe donations, please contact Sara Thomas.
Donation locations and times are listed below.
- Dec. 2: 12:30-2 p.m., Interactive Learning Center
- Dec. 3: 11 a.m. -1p.m., Interactive Learning Center
- Dec. 4: 5-7:30 p.m., SouthFork Market
- Dec. 5: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Interactive Learning Center
- Dec. 6: 8-10 a.m., Boise River Cafe
- Dec. 9: 12:30-2 p.m, SouthFork Market
- Dec. 10: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Interactive Learning Center
- Dec. 11: 8-10 a.m., Boise River Cafe
- Dec. 12: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SouthFork Market
- Dec. 13: 5-8 p.m., Boise River Cafe