The Boise State Open Educational Resources (OER) Committee is excited to offer a series of virtual workshops throughout the fall of 2020. These short, bi-weekly webinars will provide valuable information to start developing and using OER in the classroom. The webinars feature information and practical application for those considering OER, just getting started with OER or seasoned OER users. This webinar series also will showcase the incredible projects developed by Boise State faculty.
This webinar series opens with a session offering a good overview of what OER is and how it connects with copyright licensing. This session is a good place to begin if you are new to OER, and also offers important information about licensing that will benefit practiced OER users and developers.
The series will be offered noon-1 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Session one, Sept. 3: What is OER and Licensing
- Session two, Sept. 17: Pathways Showcase
- Session three, Oct. 1: Pressbooks Overview
- Session four, Oct. 15: Pressbook Projects
- Session five, Oct. 29: OER as Critical Pedagogy
- Session six, Nov. 12: eCampus Open Book Summer Grant
The Lunch and Learn Webinar sessions will be recorded and made available through the OER Boise State website to be used as resources to share with colleagues and to reference as needed.
Registration to this free event series is open.