The ASSERT (Aligning Stakeholders and Structures to Enable Research Transformation) program invites faculty from all ranks and across all disciplines to learn together and grow as scholars, leaders, educators and professionals in a community-centric environment. The deadline to apply is noon on Monday, Oct. 26., and there are 15 available openings.
As a community, ASSERT faculty will explore how to pursue transformative research ideas – from initial question to implementation. Exploration will require working on:
- what attitudes and skills are needed to work in bold areas of inquiry,
- how to adopt a growth mindset and embrace an enterprising mentality,
- how to balance the vital tension between productivity and innovation on and off campus,
- how to succeed in spite of known bias against innovation on and off campus,
- how to create and sustain a risk-tolerant research portfolio via a Vertically Integrated Project,
- how to successfully hold crucial conversations in support of taking risk and moving your ideas forward, and
- how to nurture career-long relationships in support of a lifetime of scholarly impact.
This program, housed inside the Institute for Inclusive and Transformative Scholarship (IFITS) is in partnership with the Provost’s Office and the Division of Research and Economic Development, with additional support from the College of Innovation + Design. Over the past 4 years of this program, 55 participants have received intense professional development, enhancing their ability to expand their scholarly identity, formulate transformative research questions, and move their bold ideas forward.
This community will:
- provide professional development for research-active and research-aspiring faculty;
- align university structures and cultures to support the germination of transformative research questions and ideas among the participants; and
- continue the longitudinal tracking of the participants to measure the long-term impact of this model.
To apply, please visit https://www.boisestate.edu/ifits/faculty/assert/assert-application/. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.