The Strategic Planning Steering Committee is pleased to share the campus feedback on the strategic plan–mission, vision, values and goals. Overall, the feedback demonstrates that faculty, staff and student participants showed interest and appreciation for a strategic planning process that provided opportunity for the entire campus to participate in a conversation about how the university emerges from the immediate challenges of the pandemic while also planning for the longer-term direction of Boise State. The steering committee commends the campus for their diligence, perseverance, and thoughtful feedback.
Highlights of the process include:
– Nearly 1,400 total students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members participated in forty-six Zoom opportunities for discussion and feedback regarding the strategic plan.
– The Steering Committee recorded more than 100 pages of notes and more than 50 strategies based on these zoom discussions.
– The information gathered from those engagement opportunities informed the development of a strategic planning survey that was available to all stakeholders Oct. 28-Nov. 11, 2020.
– A total of 979 individuals took the strategic planning survey (240 faculty, 247 professional staff, 91 classified staff, 362 students, 29 friends of the university and 10 “unknown”) and submitted more than 1,000 comments.
Five common themes emerged from the feedback:
– The need for greater emphasis on student success in the language and direction of the plan
– Consider revision of the vision statement, incorporating how that vision includes students and advances the university’s mission to serve Idaho and beyond
– Interest in fairness, opportunity, access, and support for all students and employees
– Consider revision of the shared values
– Strengthen the university’s administrative and support infrastructure
For a full report on the results of the survey, please review this survey summary document prepared by Institutional Research. You must be logged into your MyBoiseState account to view the document.
The Steering Committee will continue to analyze the campus feedback and present it for President Tromp’s review. In mid- to late January, the Steering Committee will update the campus on the results of that analysis and review. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.