The university has partnered with Headspace to provide mindfulness and mental health tools for employees. All benefit-eligible employees now have access to the entire Headspace library and smartphone app at no cost to them.
Mindfulness has been shown to reduce stress, increase focus and improve sleep. Meditation helps to be more mindful and Headspace is a personal guide with hundreds of meditations and exercises for sleep, focus and movement. Expert guidance is provided by Headspace founder and former monk Andy Puddicombe to teach the fundamentals of meditation and mindfulness in a variety or areas.
What is Headspace?
A global leader in mental well-being, the Headspace community has over 66 million users worldwide. From waking up to exercising, eating to sleeping, Headspace has thousands of hours of exercises to help you live your whole day mindfully — not just when you’re sitting to meditate.
Headspace is your personal guide to hundreds of meditations to help you be more mindful. Headspace exercises include:
- Meditation: Guided meditations on topics like stress, self-esteem, and relationships
- Sleep: Sleep podcasts, music, and bedtime audio for restful nights
- Movement: Quick workouts and guided cardio for body and mind
- Focus: Meditations and music to help you focus in on what matters
How to Register
- Visit the Boise State Employee Headspace Enrollment link.
- Create a Headspace account using your Boise State employee email, or login with an existing account and verify your Boise State email address (so it’s free to you).
- Download the Headspace app and get started.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any eligibility questions or contact email@example.com for technical assistance.