The Boise State Alumni Association will honor six alumni of the university during their annual Distinguished Alumni Awards Gala on Oct. 1. This Homecoming celebration honors extraordinary alumni who exemplify the loyalty, passion and innovation of dedicated Broncos. The honorees will also be recognized at halftime of the Homecoming football game on Oct. 2.
“Every year we have the opportunity to acknowledge Boise State alumni who truly deserve these distinguished awards,” said Lisa Gardner, executive director of the Boise State Alumni Association. “Each of these six recipients demonstrates loyalty, passion, innovation and service in their respective careers, in their communities and as members of the Bronco family.”
The Distinguished Alumni Awards honor those with outstanding professional and personal accomplishments within their chosen profession.
This year’s honorees are:
Distinguished Alumni Awards:
- Danielle Bennion, ’93, radiologic science, CEO Preventative Health
- Soñia Galaviz, ’02, elementary education, bilingual / ESL, ’05 master’s in education, curriculum and instruction, ’20, doctorate in curriculum and instruction, Garfield Elementary School
- Zach Higgins, ’09, construction management, Owner, Wright Brothers, The Building Company
- Jim Martin, ’87, criminal justice, ’90, juris doctorate, University of Idaho, partner at Hawley Troxell
- Brent Moylan 1984, Accounting, Senior Vice President and CFO of the J.R. Simplot Company
Distinguished Alumni Service Award:
- Tamara Thompson, ’92, construction management, partner and director of client services at The Land Group, Boise State Alumni Association board of directors