Organized by the U.S Department of State and the U.S Department of Education, International Education Week shines a spotlight on how pivotal it is to celebrate and acknowledge the importance of international education, global learning, study abroad and exchange programs at universities across the U.S.
This year, Boise State will celebrate from Nov. 11-19. The Center for Global Education is hosting events to cultivate recognition and appreciation of internationalization efforts on campus, including:
- A workshop for faculty on writing successful Fulbright proposals
- International student performances
- Country presentations hosted by international students from Pakistan
- A reading circle on language and culture across the curriculum
- An introduction to Peace Corps and the Boise State Peace Corps preparation program
- Faculty and researchers’ experience sharing about living and working abroad in various countries and how the interplay of language and science have impacted their personal and professional lives.