The Institute for Inclusive and Transformative Scholarship is pleased to announce the sixth cohort of the ASSERT Faculty Development program.
ASSERT (Aligning Stakeholders and Structures to Enable Research Transformation) serves to germinate, cultivate, and celebrate transformative research ideas and questions. This project is led by Professors Will Hughes and Donna Llewellyn, with support from Megan Gambs.
Our work operates by improving academic structures, addressing the cultural issues at the university that inhibit academic risk taking, and supporting the personal development of faculty to facilitate their readiness to conceive transformative research ideas.
Each year, a cohort of faculty, from all ranks and various academic units, become an ASSERTive community as they work and grow together, identifying values, building leadership skills, and working towards transformational research. Initiated as a National Science Foundation-funded project, ASSERT is now supported by the Division of Research and Economic Development, the Office of the Provost, and the College of Innovation + Design.
Meet the 2022 ASSERT faculty cohort (listed alphabetically by last name):
- Iryna Babik, Assistant Professor of Psychological Science (COAS)
- Anna Bergstrom, Assistant Professor of Geosciences (COAS)
- Bhaskar Chittoori, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering (COEN)
- Jen Cruz, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences (COAS)
- Leslie Ordal, Assistant Clinical Professor in the School of Allied Health Sciences (COHS)
- Kevin Roche, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering (COEN)
- Chris Saunders, Assistant Clinical Professor of Chemistry (COAS)
- Amber Warrington, Associate Professor of English (COAS)
- Claire Xiong, Associate Professor of Materials Science and Engineering (COEN)
Join us in celebrating the newest cohort of ASSERT fellows.
Interested in participating in the next ASSERT cohort? Cohort 7 applications will open in October 2022.