Join Boise State community and external community members at 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 11 in the JUMP Pioneer Room for the formal launch of Resource Nexus for Sustainability. The Nexus tackles the issues of resilience and sustainability with the goal to build more resilient and sustainable urban and rural systems. The event’s purpose is to share the vision for the future, network and gather input on how to build community-based projects and sustain long-term efforts around resilience and sustainability topics.
Event speakers will also discuss a funding opportunity for solution-oriented, societally relevant resilience and sustainability projects. Projects must be multidisciplinary and co-developed by Boise State faculty and a community partner(s). The Boise State community and external partners are encouraged to apply.
Schedule of Events
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. Cocktail Hour and Sustainability Art Exhibit
- 5:30 p.m. Opening Remarks by Boise State Vice President for Research, Dr. Nancy Glenn
- 5:45 p.m. Idaho Dance Theater Performance
- 6-6:15 p.m. Resource Nexus for Sustainability Vision and Funding Opportunity Announcement – Brittany Brand
- 6:15-6:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker – Julia Colbert, Arizona State University Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- 6:30-7 p.m Community Lightning Talks
- 7-8:30 p.m. Community Networking and Feedback Opportunity