Supervisory 101 training will provide the essential knowledge and practical tools to be a highly successful manager, whether the participant is an aspiring, new or seasoned supervisor. The two-hour training will guide attendees through an employee’s life cycle – the welcome, growth and farewell experiences, gaining practical skills that can improve team success. This training is free and available to all Boise State employees. The sessions are offered online on March 30 and in-person on April 5.
Participants will learn how to:
- Hire and onboard new employees
- Apply HR basics for each employee classification
- Set clear expectations and performance goals
- Conduct direct report meetings
- Provide accountability and clear feedback
- Evaluate performance
- Use helpful templates and tools
For questions, contact the Human Resources organizational development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.