Associate General Counsel Texie Montoya was recently awarded the Community Involvement Award for 2023 from the Mountain West Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel.
Montoya was recognized for work in the legal community which includes:
- Co-chair of Attorneys for Civic Education
- Secretary of the Professionalism and Ethics Section
- Executive board member of the Government and Public Sector Lawyers Section
- Idaho Women Lawyers member
- Board president of Go Lead Idaho, a non-profit organization dedicated to women’s leadership
In these roles, Montoya has organized and moderated training sessions, fundraisers and social events, authored articles, and volunteered her time for several high school, university, law school and community programs and events. Additionally, she has served as a supervisor for a number of law student interns as well as a mentor through both law school mentorship programs and Boise State University’s Shared Leadership employee development program.