The Boise State University Children’s Center announced a new infant and toddler inclusive play group, Saturplay, which will take place one Saturday a month in the summer of 2023.
Early childhood inclusion embodies the values, policies and practices that support the right of every infant or young child and their family to have access to high quality care and education programs. Inclusive environments should be accessible, welcoming, respectful and celebrate diversity and belonging for children with and without disabilities.
During Saturplay, infants and toddlers of all abilities, alongside their grown ups and Children’s Center educators, will engage in open ended free play in both indoor and outdoor environments and share a snack. There will also be a brief grown up learning time where Children’s Center educators will discuss common developmental milestones in the early years.
Who can attend?
- Children of Boise State faculty, staff and students ages 6-32 months and their grown ups
- Children with an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) through the State Infant and Toddler Program and their grown ups
- Children ages 6-32 months who receive therapeutic services through Kaleidoscope Pediatric Therapy and their grown ups
When, where and what is the cost of the events?
- From 9-11 a.m. on May 20, June 10, July 22 and Aug. 12
- The Boise State Children’s Center (1830 W Beacon Street)
- The events are free
Complete the online form to register. Eight spots are available per the two age groups (6-14 months and 15-32 months).