Boise State celebrated 2023 Homecoming plus Parent and Family weekend with a football win on the Blue and a host of events and activities honoring the Bronco spirit of alumni, fans, students, parents and families all across campus.
Homecoming football game
- The Boise State Broncos defeated the San José State Spartans 35-27.
- The Broncos scored 28 unanswered points to rally from a 20 point deficit in the second quarter to win.
- The game’s attendance of 37,491 is the second-most in Albertsons Stadium history. The all-time high of 37,663 was set at the 2022 Homecoming game.
- Boise State debuted its new LED lighting system for the first time at night, which was well received among attendees and fans.
The 2023 parade was the university’s largest yet, with nearly 70 entries from the community, campus departments, athletic teams, fraternities, sororities and student organizations. Judges Jeremiah Shinn, vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, Lisa Phillips, vice provost for Community Engagement and Belonging, and Cheyon Sheen, president of the Associated Students of Boise State University selected the student float award winners.
- Best Overall – Construction Management Association
- Most Spirited – Phi Mu and FIJI
- Most Creative – Chemistry Club
Campus decoration contest
A dozen individuals and groups across the university participated in the campus decoration contest. At stake were bragging rights and the honor of holding the traveling trophy for the year. The winners are:
- 1st Place – Housing and Residential Life
- 2nd Place – Admissions
- 3rd Place – Financial Aid Office
Distinguished Alumni Awards
The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed upon an alum. Every year, the Alumni Association honors excellence by bestowing a number of awards to alumni with outstanding achievements. These individuals exemplify the loyalty, passion and innovation found in all dedicated Broncos. Honorees are recognized at the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards Gala during Homecoming.
Other highlights from the weekend include a downtown scavenger hunt hosted by the Bronco Shop, a Homecoming Bash featuring hundreds of students, discussions about the transition to Boise State at Parent and Family Welcome and a lively atmosphere at family time in the games center.