The new Idaho Academic Leadership Academy is now accepting applications for its first cohort, representatives from academic leadership and faculty affairs in the Office of the Provost announced. The academy will be held June 4-7, 2024 at Boise State University.
The goal of the Idaho Academic Leadership Academy is to ensure a diverse distribution of participants who are interested in academic leadership and professional development related to positions such as program directors, department chairs and deans at all levels.
Faculty who are currently in leadership positions, or who are interested in pursuing leadership positions in the future will benefit from this professional development opportunity. Applications are due by Dec. 15.
Priority will be given to those who have not had prior opportunities or professional development in academic leadership and space will be reserved for new leaders in formal positions (e.g., newly appointed department leaders, Deans, Associate Deans; etc.).
Additionally, applicants should have demonstrated strength and/or potential in a combination of any of the following:
- A motivation to and interest in leadership
- An interest in personal and professional development, including receptivity to feedback
- The ability to adapt and to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The potential for future contributions to the institution
- Demonstrated high performance in professional experience
Questions about the Idaho Academic Leadership Academy can be directed to Michelle Payne, vice provost for academic leadership and faculty affairs (email@example.com), or Spencer Kelly, project coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).