The Institute for Inclusive and Transformative Scholarship is pleased to announce the eighth cohort of the ASSERT Faculty Development program.
ASSERT (Aligning Stakeholders and Structures to Enable Research Transformation) serves to germinate, cultivate and celebrate transformative research ideas and questions. This project is led by Professors Donna Llewellyn, Marie-Anne de Graaff and Kevin Feris.
Their work operates by improving academic structures, addressing the cultural issues at the university that inhibit academic risk taking, and supporting the personal development of faculty to facilitate their readiness to conceive transformative research ideas.
Each year, a cohort of faculty, from various ranks and academic units, become an ASSERTive community as they work and grow together, identifying values, building leadership skills and working towards transformational research. Initiated as a National Science Foundation-funded project, ASSERT is now supported by the Office of the Provost and each of the Colleges/Schools on campus.
Meet the 2024 ASSERT faculty cohort
Listed alphabetically by college then by last name.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Kelly Arispe – Associate Professor, World Languages
- Jeneé Cyran – Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Konrad Meister – Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Javier Ochoa-Reparaz – Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
- Richard St. Ofle – Assistant Clinical Professor, Theater, Film, and Creative Writing
- Rulon Wood – Associate Professor, Theater, Film, and Creative Writing
College of Business and Economics
- Katia Guerra – Assistant Professor, IT and Supply Chain Management
College of Education
- Deb Carter – Professor, Early and Special Education
- Angel Larson – Assistant Clinical Professor, Curriculum, Instruction, and Foundational Studies
College of Engineering
- Omiya Hassan – Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ellie Dworak – Associate Professor, Scholarly Communications and Data Management
Applications for the next ASSERT cohort will open in October 2024.