The 45th Annual Western Institute of Nursing (WIN) conference was held in April in Portland, Ore. School of Nursing students and faculty demonstrated their expertise related to the theme, “Advancing Scientific Innovations in Nursing.” Four faculty also presented in a symposium on “Developing Sustainable Partnerships for Success: From Local to Global,” moderated by Jane Grassley, PhD, RN, IBCLC. The School of Nursing at Boise State has had a long collaboration with WIN and is regularly an active participant and presenter. The conference allows for enhancing and developing the career trajectory of nurses and opportunities for networking, mentoring, and leadership. Faculty and students returned invigorated and inspired to develop projects for next year’s WIN conference.
Symposium: “Developing Sustainable Partnerships for Success: From Local to Global.” Moderated by Jane Grassley, PhD, RN, IBCLC, School of Nursing.
- “Overview: Developing Sustainable Partnerships for Success: Local to Global.” Jane Grassley, PhD, RN, IBCLC, School of Nursing.
- “Developing Sustainable Community Partnerships.” Mikal Black, MSN, RN, School of Nursing, and Terri Soelberg, MEd, CRA, College of Health Sciences Office of Research.
- “Developing Sustainable Research Partnerships.” Jane Grassley, PhD, RN, IBCLC, School of Nursing.
- “Developing Sustainable Interprofessional Practice Partnerships.” Pamela Springer, PhD, RN, School of Nursing.
- “Developing Sustainable International Partnerships.” Barbara Allerton, MSN, RN, School of Nursing.
- “Engaging in Learning Together: A Grounded Theory of Nursing Students’ Political Learning.” Pamela Gehrke, EdDc, RN, School of Nursing.
- “The Hispanic Paradox and Healthy Aging: An Ethnographic Inquiry.” Julie Carr, Dawn M. Weiler, PhD, APRN-ANP, and Don Winiecki.
- “Supportive Needs of Adolescents When Initiating Breastfeeding.” Ryoko Pentecost, Jane Grassley, PhD, RN, IBCLC.
- “Analysis of Becoming Through Narrative- We Drew Straws.” Jennifer Jonely. Faculty Advisers: Leonie Sutherland, PhD, RN, and Jane Grassley, PhD, RN, IBCLC.
- “Injection Technique: Are We Giving Injections in the Muscle?.” Sara Palma. Faculty Adviser: Pam Strohfus, MA, DNP, RN.
- “‘Catch Yourself’- An In-Home Senior Fall Prevention Service Learning Project.” Sarah Miller. Faculty Adviser: Ann Hubbert,PhD, RN, CTN-A.
- “Using Facebook as a Research Tool.” Shelley Sinclair. Faculty Advisers: Jeri Bigbee, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, FAAN, and Pamela Springer, PhD, RN.
- “Global Knowledge and Cultural Content in Nursing Curricula.” Samantha Fulcher. Faculty Adviser: Karen Breitkreuz, MSN, EdD, RN.
- “Baccalaureate Clinical Faculty in Dual Roles of Instructor and Advanced Practice Nurse.” Karen L. Godard, MSN, RN, CPNP.
- “Latino Adults’ Understanding of the Health Promoting Lifestyle II.” Leonie Sutherland, PhD, RN, Dawn Weiler, PhD, APRN-ANP, and Julie Carr.