Eldon Walker, assistant professor in the School of Nursing, was presented with a 2015 Golden Apple Award on March 9 in the Stueckle Sky Center. Walker is praised by his students as an instructor who injects energy, humor and humanity into the more clinical aspects of medical-surgical nursing.
The Golden Apple Award is a way for students to thank teachers who encouraged them and instilled a passion for learning. More than 280 students nominated more than 250 different faculty members and the award was sponsored by the Associated Students of Boise State University.
Walker received a master’s degree in nursing education from Idaho State University, a bachelor of science from Boise State University, and a bachelor of arts from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. He currently teaches medical-surgical nursing. Before joining the faculty at Boise State, he was a critical care nurse for St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center in the CCU/MICU unit, where he still occasionally helps out.
This year’s other recipients of the Golden Apple Award are:
- Billy Hudson, Mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences
- Marty Most, Communication, College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs
- Susan Park, Management, College of Business and Economics
- Elizabeth Swearingen, Foundational Studies, College of Education
- Arlen Planting, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- Tiffany Watkins, Physics, Graduate College