As part of one of the most competitive and lucrative areas of business across the world, banking industry professionals must commit to learning the intricacies of the financial industry and setting themselves apart from the competition.
So, is earning a Master of Business Administration worth it for banking professionals who hope to achieve a high career trajectory? Yes, having an advanced degree — especially with a finance specialization — is a good way to lay the foundation for success in the banking industry.
Students in Boise State University’s Online MBA in Finance program can enhance their marketability, earning potential and the quality and quantity of job opportunities by earning a degree.
The knowledge gained in three emphasis courses — Financial Markets, Financial Analytics and Modeling and Investments — especially helps develop critical-thinking skills with hands-on experience, including team leadership.
An MBA in finance also helps graduates have the mindset to leverage their increased business acumen in a financial setting, making them more desirable to potential employers to be game-changers in the short- and long-term.
How Does an MBA Help Your Career?
There are several advantages to earning an MBA in finance for banking professionals established in their current roles, or ones who are looking to make a career change. That also applies to professionals who are still in the early stages of their careers.
Because the banking industry offers such a wide array of opportunities, having the necessary skill set to excel is crucial. Here are some of the biggest advantages:
- High demand: With its massive success as a global industry, banking leadership is constantly looking for talented professionals with the right skills to pursue positions like loan officer, investment banker, financial analyst or bank manager.
- Lucrative pay: Because the job market is so steady and consistent for banking, having an MBA can lead to opportunities to work for some of the largest banks and financial institutions across the globe.
- Holistic development: By instilling leadership qualities and teaching essential management skills to excel in banking, an MBA in finance program helps individuals grow as people, as well.
- Networking resources: Especially with an online program, MBA students build a strong network of banking leaders from different areas of the world. Career services also help them polish their resumes and prepare for job interviews. It’s a win-win situation.
- New ventures: Another option in the banking industry is the entrepreneurial route, which can be easier to take with an MBA. Having the knowledge base and networking availability can provide a new entrepreneur with a huge boost to get a fledgling business off the ground.
- Evergreen industry: Banking is one of the most stable industries, so it will likely always have the need for skilled professionals with quality education and skills to fill positions. The industry has shown no signs of slowing down because of its importance to all types of businesses.
- Job security: With an MBA in finance on the resume, a wide variety of career paths will likely open up for important roles that typically provide strong job security.
- Personal funds management: By learning the ins and outs of the financial industry, students can also apply that knowledge to their personal money management. That can lead to increased financial security leading up to retirement.
For leaders hoping to land managerial roles in the banking industry, having an MBA in finance is a good way to pave the way for those opportunities, and have the knowledge and skills to do the job right.
Learn more about the Online MBA at Boise State
With a relevant, applicable curriculum, students can apply their learning at work the next day and excel in their banking careers. Are you ready to learn more about the Online Master of Business Administration?