Diplomas and Honors

Diplomas and Honors


Diplomas are mailed approximately six weeks after graduation to the mailing address listed on your myBoiseState account. The Registrar’s Office is not responsible for diplomas lost or damaged in the mail. If your diploma is returned to the Registrar’s Office, you will need to make arrangements to pick it up if you live locally, or have it resent if you are out of the area. All returned diplomas will be kept for one year, after which time they will be destroyed.

Diploma Replacement

To obtain a replacement diploma, please mail or fax a replacement request form to the Registrar’s Office, 1910 University Drive Boise, ID 83725-1365 or (208) 426-3169. Please include the following information in your request: full name, student ID number or SSN, year graduated, degree and major completed, where you would like the diploma mailed and your signature.

The fee for replacement undergraduate or applied technology degrees or certificates is $40. The fee for replacement graduate degrees is $50. All replacement diplomas will be printed with current University President and Registrar signatures and will have the words Replacement Diploma printed under the university seal. If you are requesting a diploma with a new name on it, please refer to the name change information below.

To pay by credit or debit card, you must first make your payment at here.

Your replacement diploma will be mailed in approximately four weeks.

Graduation Honors

Graduation honors are awarded to students receiving their first baccalaureate degree, according to the scale shown in table below. Honors are awarded on the basis of all semesters completed, and the student’s final transcript remains the official record of any honors granted. However, in honoring a student at commencement, Boise State uses the student’s cumulative grade-point average (GPA) at the end of either spring or summer semester for the December ceremony and fall semester for the May ceremony.

Cumulative GPAHonor
3.500–3.749Cum Laude
3.750–3.949Magna Cum Laude
3.950–4.000Summa Cum Laude

All grades, including those that have been excluded from GPA calculation in accordance with the grade exclusion policy, will be used to calculate graduation honors. Students who are early participants for commencement are not eligible to graduate with honors.

Name Change

Due to the danger of identity theft, persons who wish to change their first, middle, or last names on their transcripts or diplomas must provide a copy of their marriage license, a court order, or a dissolution decree certifying their name change. Please send a copy of one of these documents with your request. We can also accept a copy of your current driver’s license or social security card. Please utilize the Student Information Update Form to expedite your request. Without your signature, we cannot process your name change.

Back To Top