Our Mission, Vision and Values
Staff and students make important contributions that balance theory and practice across diverse areas of contemporary scholarship, including the following:
- Democratic & Collaborative Governance in the New American West
- Policy Analysis
- Systems of Law & Justice
- Regional Planning & Development
The Vision of the School of Public Service is to:
- Empower students to become innovative and responsive public service leaders within local, state, national, and global communities.
- Achieve national and international recognition for relevant theoretical and applied research.
- Promote and facilitate informed discourse and civic engagement across diverse groups.
- Serve as a recognized and trusted resource for policymakers searching for effective solutions to pressing public concerns.
The Characteristics of how we do our work in the School of Public Service include:
- Respect & Civility
- Community Engagement
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Creativity & Innovation