Requirements for testing center administration
The Testing Center prioritizes exam administration for instructors who are unable to deliver high stakes exams in the classroom due to large class sizes and/or incompatible classroom environment. Exam administered at the Testing Center must meet the following requirements:
- Exams must be hosted in Canvas
- Exams must have a time limit of 90 minutes or less.
- Instructors must limit the number of Testing Center exams to 4 or less per class.
The Testing Center administers Canvas-based assessments. Currently, we are unable to administer the following types of exams:
- Open note, open book, or open internet. If additional resources are allowed on the exam, instructors must select from the list of standardized test aides on the submission form (see Test Aides & Scratch Paper section below).
- Exams that require students to use desktop or web-based applications outside of the LMS (such as Excel or Google Sheets).
Exam requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the exam start date. In-person administration availability will vary depending on availability. It is highly recommended to submit all exam requests for the semester at the beginning of the term.
To maintain sustainable capacity levels, we offer exam administration on an appointment-only basis. Walk-ins will not be permitted for any reason. The Testing Center will work with the instructor to implement alternative exam administration for students that did not make an appointment or were not able to reschedule during the exam window.
Instructors must have tests published in Canvas in order to administer them in the Testing Center. Exam content does not need to be finalized at the time of booking. Instructors can continue to make changes to the test up to the start date.