Dependents Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
For a spouse or child(ren) of a Veteran who:
- Died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
- Died from any cause while such permanent and total service-connected disability was in existence.
- Is missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- Is forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- Is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service-connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability. Effective December 23, 2006.
How your benefits work
- Every semester, once you are fully enrolled in classes, submit a declaration with a current COE (Certificate of Eligibility).
- You will receive a letter in the mail from the VA indicating your enrollment has been processed.
- On the first of the month you can expect direct deposit for the previous month attendance. You are paid for days you are enrolled; short months are pro-rated.
- Go to your myBoiseState student center and make a payment toward your tuition.