Prior or Active Duty Veterans Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
Prior/current active duty Veterans – read more about the Montgomery GI Bill.
- You must have served in the armed forces after July 1, 1985 for two or three years of continuous service.
- You must have contributed to the educational fund for 12 months ($100 per month).
- You must have received an honorable discharge.
How your benefits work
- Every semester, once you are fully enrolled in classes, submit a declaration with a current COE (Certificate of Eligibility).
- You will receive a letter in the mail from the VA indicating your enrollment has been processed.
- On the last day of the month, verify your attendance for the previous month to let the VA know you have not changed your schedule.
- Within 7-10 days after verifying your attendance, you will receive a direct deposit for the previous month. You are paid for days you are enrolled; short months are pro-rated.
- The funds the VA sends you are intended to help pay your tuition.
- Go to your myBoiseState student center to make a payment toward your tuition.