Online AI Citation Practices Workshop
The Academic Integrity Citation Practices course was co-developed for you by:
- the Boise State Writing Center Director,
- Albertson’s Library Instructional Librarian staff, and
- the Academic Integrity Program
Expect to learn from these writing and information experts about why we cite peoples’ work, as well as how and when to do so!
You may complete topic-based sections or the whole course at your leisure, in a choose-your-own-adventure style. Directions are below.
I need to self-enroll in the online Academic Integrity: Citation Practices Workshop on Canvas:
- Visit BroncoLearn at https://broncolearn.boisestate.edu/
- Select the “Boise State University Students” tile
- Select the “Academic Integrity Citation Practices” tile
- Click the “Enroll” button
- Click the next prompt to go to your Canvas Dashboard (or navigate to Canvas where it will appear post-enrollment).
The course only captures your completion if you enroll, although you can view without enrollment! Please ensure you complete this step.
Academic Integrity Citation Practices Workshop
I need to complete the Academic Integrity Citation Practices Workshop:
- Visit Boise State’s Canvas at https://canvas.boisestate.edu/home
- Select “Internal Login” and use your Boise State email/password login info to enter Canvas.
- “Academic Integrity Citation Practices Workshop” will appear in your Canvas course options.
- You can complete the workshop over several different sessions.
- This course is unlocked. You can skip around to different modules by topic, and even complete some modules and leave others incomplete.
- All quizzes allow unlimited attempts. They are not required to continue viewing content, but they would be required to receive an official completion certificate if this is your goal.
Proof of Partial/Module-Online Completion
I need to submit proof of partial/ module-only workshop completion:
You should screenshot your module completion screen with your username in the frame as able. Provide this to the requesting instructor.
Your completion status is also automatically recorded inside course data.
- If you are completing this as a requirement by the Academic Integrity Program, please contact at email@example.com and request a completion check.
Proof of Full Completion
I need to submit proof of full workshop completion:
- You will receive an email-Completion Certificate that you may forward to anyone of your choosing.
- Your completion status is also automatically recorded inside course data.
Help! I need to do some trouble-shooting mid-course:
- Please use Chrome or Firefox for Canvas (not Safari or Edge).
- Refreshing/ ‘clearing the cache’ can also help Canvas functionality issues.
- Please note you must view & complete every portion in order or Canvas will not allow you to proceed – you will get ‘jammed’ in a module until you view all content. (Accidental incompletion has been a common past problem preventing progress between Modules 4 & 5).
- Remember – quizzes require 100% accuracy and unlimited attempts.
- Are you sure you finished, but there is no record of it? You may need to register. The course is publicly-available so anyone can see it/ ‘test drive’ on Canvas, but until you register via BroncoLearn, it will not capture your user info.