Funding Board Requests
ASBSU Grant Requests
Use this page to learn how to navigate the ASBSU Funding Board’s grant request process and how to fill out your grant request. The grant request cycle for the 2020-2021 academic year opens July 1st. Please submit a grant request form below!
The form below allows you to reallocate funds that were already granted to you by the ASBSU Student Funding Board. An addendum form is used to change activities and use of funds, but may NOT be used to request more funding than what was previously awarded.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions about the funding process.
Unique and inclusive events organized by clubs. Groups are eligible (but not entitled) to receive $4,000 throughout the year.
Innovative events for the campus and community hosted by two or more clubs. Each event is eligible for up to $6,000 in sponsorship.
Sponsorship of trips or projects for individual students. Each student is eligible (but not entitled) to receive $400 throughout the year.
Describe Your Event/Project/Need
- Be short and direct.
- When and where is the event?
- What is your goal for the event?
- What are you asking ASBSU to sponsor?
- How many people are attending/participating
Timeline for applying
- Grants requests are heard on a first come first serve basis, so students must plan appropriately in order to meet the required timeline with the Student Involvement & Leadership Center
- Be specific.
- Know where you’ll be making purchases. Get quotes.
- Prepare a budget.
- Contact the secretary of Student Organization Affairs about what can and cannot be funded.
- Use the ASBSU template provided.
- Prepare your budget using one of the REQUIRED ASBSU templates.
- Submit your ASBSU Grant Request Form on Engage.
- Attend your scheduled hearing with the Student Funding Board to describe the event, project, or trip. Grant hearings will begin in August once the incoming Funding Board is trained.
- If approved, submit an event request and any other forms if necessary to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Note: Applications are due every Tuesday to be scheduled for a hearing a week from the next Friday (except during the summer).
- If you have any questions or need help applying, please email us at email@example.com.